Increase Influence and Impact by Taking your Public Speaking to the Next Level
The USB Speaker Academy was co-created by a Premier League of Professional Speakers to contribute to the growth of the speaking industry. With this wealth of knowledge and experience, the USB stable of speakers would like to share their collective wisdom through various training programmes.
Our speakers have also identified the need for Executive speaker training because whilst presenting at business conferences, they were often asked to deliver uplifting keynote presentations to motivate and inspire audiences either before or after company speakers, who through no fault of their own, were perceived to be both boring and bad presenters with a bad habit of presenting ‘Death by PowerPoint’
In addition to this, there will be coaching available for aspiring professional speakers who wish to take their career to the next level and create professional keynote presentations.
The USB Speaker Academy training programmes cover the followings key aspects of presenting:
Planning & Preparing a Professional Presentation
- Begin with the end in mind!
- Identify audience profile
- Identify objectives and specific outcomes
- Consolidate content into key points
- Formulate key points into a framework
- Add relevant graphics / video / multimedia
- Combine content and with relevant slides
- Create a time line for the presentation
- Create a relevant theme or ‘Roadmap’
- Add relevant success stories
- Add acronyms, anecdotes, stories and quotes
- Create questions to keep the audience engaged
- The pros and cons on using online links
Executive Speaker Delivery Skills
A practical and interactive session during which clients deliver a presentation that is filmed and played back for immediate feedback and coaching. Delegates are requested to bring a presentation they have done in the past, or one they are about to do in the future, which is used as the training material.
- Create a ‘Big Bang’ memorable opening
- Create a conversation with the audience,
- Eliminate monologues and talking ‘at’ the audience
- Audience engagement techniques
- Eye contact – still the most powerful engagement tool
- Poise – appearing to be in control
- Posture and stance – owning the room
- Eliminate pacing and nervous gestures
- Body Language, hand gestures and movements
- Vocal pace and voice projection
- The Sounds of Silence – pausing for impact
- Fear of Public Speaking – Techniques to manage nerves