Blending the Serious Matters of Economics and Politics with the Lightest Side of Life
Keynote | Panelist
As a previous winner of the Finmedia Economist of the Year Award and with more than 40 years of experience, Dr Roelof Botha is exceptionally well-qualified to advise executives and managers on prospects for the South African economy, including the following:
- Recession should be averted
- Welcome return of the primary sectors
- Global economy gaining some momentum
- Rand exchange rate remains undervalued
- Interest rates may still come down
- South Africa’s competitiveness advantages
- Reasons for a swift recovery to investment grade for South Africa’s bonds
His past experience as an economic policy advisor at National Treasury and regular discussions with political analysts (including his father, who served in the late Nelson Mandela’s first Cabinet) also allow him to provide sensible reflections on the policy environment, in general, and the likely implications of the imminent leadership change in Government, in particular.
For a provocative keynote that provides a balanced and authoritative perspective on South Africa’s economic and political outlook, mingled with some optimism, Roelof Botha is your speaker of choice.