Innovation Guru, Tour Guide to the Future, Director: ITSI
Keynote | Panelist & Host |Learning & Development | Global
Pieter Geldenhuys – “Tourguide to the Future”
Pieter Geldenhuys is known for his provocative and novel predictions. He is used extensively as a futurist on the global stage by the world’s top business schools (London Business School, Cornell, Duke). He, however, does far more than predict the future. He assists numerous organisations in leveraging their innovation potential by providing them with the skills and insight to be pro-active agents in creating the future.
He is the Founder and Director of the Institute for Technology Strategy and Innovation (ITSI), aligned with North-West University. Over the past two decades, he and his team have guided more than 4000 students and more than 120 innovation projects within the largest technology companies in India, the Middle East and Africa.
As a public speaker, he has more than 1000 radio and more than 1500 public appearances under his belt and has spoken to audiences in more than 25 countries. He has a weekly slot on Moneyweb (RSG) and is a regular contributor to 702.
He was the previous Technology strategy advisor to the CEO of Vodacom, and Vice-Chair of the Innovation Focus Group at the International Telecommunication Union in Geneva, Switzerland. He is also a nominated member of the South African Academy of Science and Arts, and a non-executive director on the board of the ATKV.
He believes the only way to effectively predict the future is to create it.
“You are the best futurist I have met up to date.” – Johann Rupert, Remgro Board meeting – 2007.
- Beyond the 6th wave: Our future in a world of AI abundance
- Business Unusual: New business opportunities in a Hyper-connected world
- 2030: Preparing for a Complex Future
- 12 Lessons from the Cyberwar frontier
- 3 Men and an elephant: An introduction to Complex Adaptive Systems
- Agile: Quo Vadis? A useless pursuit without a waltz with Complexity
- Navigating an increasingly unpredictable future
- Leveraging the Future: Unlocking new Business models in your industry
- Preparing your organization for the coming Cyber War
- Harnessing the power of Machine Learning in your organization
- Brand Archetypes and the future of advertising