Tales from the African Bushveld: Acclaimed Storyteller
Keynote | Entertainment
Rob Caskie, with his stick and trademark shorts, can revitalise any event with a human story well-told. As human beings we have grown up with story-telling, yet with the entertainment options available today, this ancient art is being lost. Audiences love being swept up in a great story and entertained in the theatre of the mind. Storytelling may seem like an old-fashioned tool, today – and it is.
That’s exactly what makes it so powerful. Life happens in the narratives we tell one another. A story can go where quantitative analysis is denied admission: our hearts. Data can persuade people, but it doesn’t inspire them to act; to do that, you need to wrap your vision in a story that fires the imagination and stirs the soul.
- Business Battlefields (Lessons and battles coupled with host’s theme)
- The Battle of Isandlwana (British defeat or great Zulu Victory)
- The Battle of Rorke’s Drift (Epic Human Struggle)
- Engaging Intuition
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Way (Leadership lessons from the Great Explorer)
- South with Scott & Shackleton (The tragedy and the triumph)